Dark & Stormy Float Recipe
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 large lime
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 2 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- 2 ounces Gosling's Black Seal rum
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- Use a sharp vegetable peeler to remove zest from lime. Scrape bitter white pith from the back of peel with a small paring knife; discard pith. Cut peel into ¼-inch-thick strips 3 inches in length.
- Combine ¼ cup sugar and ¼ cup water in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Add peel, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve and transfer to a paper-towel lined plate. Separate the pieces of rind and allow to air-dry.
- Place remaining ¼ cup of sugar and citrus strips in a Ziploc bag; toss well to coat.
- Scoop ice cream into a large drinking glass. Add rum, then slowly pour ginger beer on top. Finish it off with several slices of candied lime.