Red velvet anything is always a good idea, and always a crowd-pleaser. These Dewar's Red Velvet Creme Eggs bring together several favorites into one crispy and gooey drool-worthy treat: red velvet cake, Cadbury Creme Eggs, and Cocoa Krispies.
Dewar's Red Velvet Creme Egg
- 13 Cadbury Creme Eggs
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 quarts peanut oil
- 3 egg whites, whisked with 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups Cocoa Krispies
- Freeze Cadbury eggs for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook cake according to package instructions for a 13x9-inch pan. Let cool completely.
- Heat oil to 375℉ in a deep fryer or heavy pot fitted with a thermometer.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of cake into your hand, press a Cadbury egg into the center, and cup your hand around the egg until the cake fully envelops the egg. Press to adhere the cake.
- Dip into egg whites, dredge in cocoa powder, and then dredge in Cocoa Krispies. Cup your hands around the egg again and press until the cereal adheres to the cake. Place the egg on a slotted spoon and carefully drop into the hot oil. Fry for 1-2 minutes, until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Let cool slightly but eat while still warm.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.