Relive Your Childhood With Homemade Peanut Butter & Jelly Pop-Tarts
Adulting is hard. Cooking, however, can be easy and fun, which is why we're obsessed with Twisted's recipe for peanut butter and jelly pop-tarts. A modern take on the classic peanut butter and jelly combination, these homemade beauties are the perfect snack for when you're pining for the golden days of your youth. Warm, flakey crust? Check. Gooey white chocolate? Check. All the sugar your mom never wanted you to eat in one sitting? Also check. Fire up the oven, and go forth: it's time to eat your feelings.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Pop-Tarts
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 sheet pre-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 3½ ounces strawberry jelly
- 3½ ounces crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3½ ounces white chocolate
- 2¾ ounces salted peanuts
- Strawberries, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the shortcrust pastry into 3 even rectangles. Add a dollop of crunchy peanut butter and strawberry jelly on top of one another on one side of each rectangle.
- Brush the edges of the pastry on one side of each rectangle (the square perimeter around the peanut butter and jelly dollops). Fold and seal with a fork, making indentations in the dough.
- Brush the surface of each pop-tart with the remaining egg wash. Bake on a parchment paper-lined tray for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Melt the white chocolate, and heat the remaining strawberry jelly and peanut butter to loosen the consistency.
- Evenly spread the melted white chocolate over the top surface of each pop-tart. Finish with a drizzle of peanut butter and jelly, and serve with strawberries on the side if desired.