Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza, the Ultimate Party Appetizer
Homemade White Castle Burgers
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup dehydrated onions
- 1 cup warm water
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 12 slices American cheese
- 12 dill pickles, sliced
- 12 small slider buns
- Mustard, to garnish
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup creamy French dressing
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy horseradish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- On a parchment paper-lined work space, roll out the ground beef until approximately ¼ inch thick. Cut into 3x3 inch squares, and use a straw or wooden dowel to put 5 small holes in each one (this can be done several days in advance, if desired). Set the patties on a tray and freeze them for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Place the dehydrated onions in a cup of warm water to reconstitute them.
- Make The Firecracker Ketchup: In a small pot, combine the creamy French dressing, horseradish, garlic salt, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup. Stir well, set aside, and chill until ready to serve.
- Bring grill to medium heat. Using a cast iron pan or skillet, spread the hydrated onions out along the pan and add the frozen meat patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place a bun half on each slider and grill for approximately 5 to 6 minutes while letting the other bun steam. Flip each patty once and top with cheese.
- Add the mustard, pickles, and firecracker ketchup to each patty. Top with the remaining steamed buns, and serve.