Stay Classy This Winter With a Spiced Pear Tom Collins
Tropical Donut Fries
- 1 sleeve Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Biscuits (48oz)
- 1 bottle vegetable oil (48oz)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted to remove any lumps 8 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 small apricots
- 1 dragonfruit (red center)
- For the Glaze: place the sugar in a medium bowl and slowly stir in the milk and vanilla, a little at a time, to make a smooth, pourable glaze.
- Cut up apricot and blend until smooth in blender. Repeat same process for dragonfruit.
- Separate glaze into two bowls. Add 6-10 tablespoons of apricot juice to one of the bowls and 6-10 tablespoons of dragonfruit juice in the other. Mix thoroughly and add more to taste.
- For the Donuts: in a medium sized pot, empty a full container of vegetable oil. Attach a candy thermometer to the size of the pot. Heat oil over medium heat until it reach 360-375° F. Turn your heat down slightly to prevent the oil from getting too hot. Use extreme caution, oil will be very hot.
- Remove biscuits from container and cut into fourths lengthwise. With your hands, roll each cutting into a long string, about the thickness of a pencil. Cut in half if necessary.
- Once oil is heated, slowly drop biscuits into oil. Bake for about 20-30 second a side until golden brown. Remove with a pair of tongs and set on a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil. When finished deep frying, leave your candy thermometer in the oil until it is completely cooled.
- Place all donut fries on a plate. Top with both dragonfruit and apricot glazes. Add fruit if desired.