Make This Apple Brandy Elderflower Sparkler for Your Next Fancy Party
Zombie Brain Shooters
- 2½ ounces raspberry vodka
- ½ lime, juiced
- Cream soda, to float
- DIY chocolate cream liqueur (2 ounces heavy cream, 1½ ounces whipped cream vodka, 1 dash chocolate syrup)
- Raspberry syrup (1 pint raspberries, 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar)
- Place the raspberries in a blender or food processor and add a splash of water. Blitz until smooth and strain through a fine mesh strainer to extract any seeds.
- Pour the puréed raspberries into a small saucepan and add the sugar. Stir, bring to a boil, and simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set in the refrigerator to chill.
- Juice the halved lime and add the juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add the well-chilled raspberry vodka, cover, and shake vigorously. Strain the mixture evenly between 2 cocktail glasses. Top with a float of cream soda.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the whipped cream vodka, heavy whipping cream, and a dash of chocolate syrup. Shake vigorously.
- Using a straw, add droplets of the whipped cream vodka mixture to each glass. The cream should naturally curdle a bit because of the acidic lime juice, allowing you to make strands of "brain tissue" with the straw. Repeat using the raspberry syrup to add "blood" and decorate as desired. Serve.