This Boozy Pumpkin Milkshake Will Bring All the Trick-Or-Treaters to Your Yard
Not that a Jack-o'-lantern wouldn't be put to good use on your front porch, but let's think outside the box here -- wouldn't it be more resourceful to use it as a cocktail glass instead? Hear us out: Halloween is all about dressing up, and your beverage is no exception. So it goes without saying that our eyes lit up when we found this recipe for a Boozy Pumpkin Milkshake, which takes our favorite fall flavors -- cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and vodka (which never goes out of season) -- blends them all together into a frothy, festive concoction, and serves them in a hollowed out miniature pumpkin. What better way to toast the season than with a cocktail that doubles as drinkable décor?
Boozy Pumpkin Milkshake
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2½ ounces whipped cream vodka
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch ground ginger
- Pinch cloves
- Whipped cream, to garnish (1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar)
- Cinnamon stick, to garnish
- Hollow out a miniature pumpkin.
- In a small bowl, combine heavy cream, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla extract. Whip thoroughly using a hand mixer until the contents become pillowy and resemble stiff peaks.
- In a blender, combine ice cream, pumpkin purée, vodka, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, and cloves, and blend thoroughly.
- Pour the contents of the blender into the hollowed out pumpkin. Top with a dollop of homemade whipped cream, garnish with a cinnamon stick, and serve.