Is Dessert Pizza Really a Pizza?
Biscuit Dough Donuts Recipe
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 donuts + 8 donut holes
- Vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tube Pillsbury biscuit dough
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat 1 inch of oil until it reaches 350℉ on a thermometer.
- Place sugar in a medium bowl and whisk to remove lumps. Slowly stir in milk, a little at a time, until you have a smooth glaze. Stir in vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Separate the biscuits and lay flat on a cutting board. Using a small, round cookie cutter, cut out a small circle from the center of each biscuit.
- Cook the donuts in batches in the hot oil for about 1 minute per side, or until golden. Drain on a wire rack. Repeat with donut holes, but with less frying time.
- While still warm, dip donuts in glaze, turning to coat completely. Return to wire rack and allow excess glaze to drip off. Eat while still warm.