Everyone loves a queso dip, and this one is incredibly easy to make and packed with flavorful ingredients. Tenderize onions with butter in the microwave, then simply add in mounds of cheese and spicy chilies. Heat it all up and garnish as you please for a snack that will satisfy all of your amigos.
Mexican Cheese Dip
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack-Colby cheese blend
- 1 (3-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (or make your own)
- 1 (4 -oz.) can chopped green chilies
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a 1 1/2-quart round casserole, combine onion and butter. Place dish on glass tray. Microwave at high (10) for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in cornstarch and milk. Microwave at high (10) for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring once.
- Add shredded cheese, cream cheese, salsa, chiles and hot pepper sauce. Microwave at high (10) for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheeses are melted, stirring once to blend thoroughly.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Spice things up with this homemade ancho chile sauce.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.