Mexican Cheese Dip
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack-Colby cheese blend
- 1 (3-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (or make your own)
- 1 (4 -oz.) can chopped green chilies
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a 1 1/2-quart round casserole, combine onion and butter. Place dish on glass tray. Microwave at high (10) for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in cornstarch and milk. Microwave at high (10) for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring once.
- Add shredded cheese, cream cheese, salsa, chiles and hot pepper sauce. Microwave at high (10) for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheeses are melted, stirring once to blend thoroughly.
- Serve with tortilla chips.