Win on New Year's Eve With This Raspberry Basil Champagne Cocktail
- 1 portobello mushroom
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ⅓ cup Red Leicester cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup cheddar, shredded
- 2 ounces hot sauce, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 thin slices bacon
- 1 brioche bun, toasted
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Mayonnaise, to taste
- Ketchup, to taste
- ½ red onion, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Red Leicester, cheddar, and hot sauce.
- Tear the stalk off of the mushroom and spread the cheese mix over the bottom.
- Line the bacon slices in a cross (3 slices vertical, 3 horizontal), and place the mushroom in the center with the cheese side facing down. Wrap the slices around the mushroom tightly.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, sear the bacon-wrapped mushroom until lightly golden, and transfer it to a baking tray. Place the tray in the oven and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Assemble your burger by layering the mayonnaise, mushroom cheeseburger, avocado slices, red onion slices, and ketchup as desired. Finish with the top brioche bun, and serve.