Schmear No More With These Stuffed Bagel Balls
Elvis Bacon Bites
- 6 slices white bread
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into about 20 slices
- 12 thin slices bacon, cut in half
- ¼ cup canola oil, for frying
- Honey, to finish
- 12 toothpicks
- Heat oil to approximately 360°F in a thick-walled saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Place a banana slice in each corner of each bread slice on the side covered with peanut butter. Place a second piece of bread on top with the peanut butter side down. Press gently and cut the sandwich into quarters.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the crusts and cut each sandwich into 4 squares. Repeat.
- Take one sandwich square and wrap a halved slice of bacon around it. Take another half slice of bacon wrap it around the sandwich in the opposite direction. Secure the ends with a toothpick. Set aside and repeat until all the remaining sandwich squares have been used.
- Fry the sandwiches in small batches of oil for approximately 5-10 minutes, or until bacon is browned and crispy.
- Let the sandwiches rest on a wire rack or paper towel-lined plate to cool and drain any excess oil.
- Set on a plate and drizzle with honey. Serve.