It's Worth Getting Sloppy For This Grilled Cheese Taco
Barbecue Volcano Potatoes
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp of all purpose seasoning
- ⅓ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 16 large potatoes
- 2-3 green onions, diced, to garnish
- 1 pound sharp cheddar, shredded
- Crispy bacon, to garnish
- Barbecue sauce of your choice
- Heat the grill to 325°F over indirect heat.
- Make The Meatloaf: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the milk, white bread, ground beef, salt, eggs, all purpose seasoning, and parsley. Knead with your hands until well mixed.
- Scrub and clean the russet potatoes, cut the ends off, and cut them in half. Use a coring tool to hollow them out from top to bottom.
- Stand the potatoes up on their widest end and stuff them with meatloaf all the way to the top. Wrap each one with bacon, using toothpicks to pin the bacon in place until cooked.
- Place the bacon-wrapped halved potatoes on the grill (or in the oven, if desired) and let them cook for approximately 50 to 60 minutes, or until the bacon, meatloaf filling, and potatoes are cooked through. Glaze the potatoes with barbecue sauce 10 minutes before you remove them from the grill.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with cheese, wait for it to melt, and finish with green onions. Serve with the accoutréments of your choice (i.e., sour cream, butter, etc).