The Best Things to Eat in Puerto Rico
Flamin' Hot Cheetos-Crusted Cheese Sticks
- 3 cups Flaming Hot Cheetos
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs, whisked lightly
- 8+ Cheddar cheese sticks
- canola oil for deep frying
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- cilantro for garnish
- Place the Cheetos in a food processor and finely crush until they resemble bread crumbs. (The goal is to get the Cheetos as finely crushed as possible so that the coating evenly sticks to the cheese sticks).
- Working in batches, coat the cheese sticks first in flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and then evenly coat with the Cheetos crumbs. Repeat until all cheese sticks are double coated.
- Once all the cheese sticks have been covered completely, place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large pot to approximately 350 degrees and place the cheese sticks gently. Fry for 5 minutes per side or until crispy.
- Sprinkle on cilantro, and serve with side of marinara sauce. Enjoy!