Snack on These Flamin' Hot Cheetos-Crusted Cheese Sticks
Food Steez is taking your favorite snack up a level by coating Cheddar cheese sticks in the spicy cheese puff crumbs, and frying them up to crispy, cheesy perfection. Dip the Flamin' Hot Cheetos-crusted Cheddar in marinara for the full flavor experience.
Flamin' Hot Cheetos-Crusted Cheese Sticks
- 3 cups Flaming Hot Cheetos
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs, whisked lightly
- 8+ Cheddar cheese sticks
- canola oil for deep frying
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- cilantro for garnish
- Place the Cheetos in a food processor and finely crush until they resemble bread crumbs. (The goal is to get the Cheetos as finely crushed as possible so that the coating evenly sticks to the cheese sticks).
- Working in batches, coat the cheese sticks first in flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and then evenly coat with the Cheetos crumbs. Repeat until all cheese sticks are double coated.
- Once all the cheese sticks have been covered completely, place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large pot to approximately 350 degrees and place the cheese sticks gently. Fry for 5 minutes per side or until crispy.
- Sprinkle on cilantro, and serve with side of marinara sauce. Enjoy!