This Mojito Hot Toddy Is the Destroyer of Colds
Parmesan-Bacon Garlic Knots
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 7 knots
- 1 package pre-made pizza dough
- 7 thin slices bacon
- ½ stick butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- Basil, finely chopped
- Parmesan, grated, to garnish
- Marinara sauce, to dip
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll the pre-made pizza dough and cut it into 7 even strips. Roll each dough piece with your hand until it resembles a rope roughly the same length as a bacon slice. Lay each dough rope on top of a bacon slice, fold, and tie it into a loose knot. Repeat.
- Lay the knots on a parchment paper-lined tray and sprinkle with basil. Place the tray in the oven and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and the bacon is slightly crisp.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Stir the minced garlic and oregano into a bowl of melted butter, and brush the mixture over each knot. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place the tray back in the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly. Serve warm with marinara sauce on the side.