Forget Marriage, Tie This Parmesan-Bacon Garlic Knot Instead
Marriage? More like marinara. We're down to the tie the knot one day, presumably once our infatuation with Food Steez's Parmesan-bacon garlic knots has finally worn off. Call it love at first bite: we're hooked on this easy recipe and how it perfectly combines warm, flaky pizza dough and crispy bacon, all cozied up with some melted garlic butter and Parmesan for robust flavor.
Parmesan-Bacon Garlic Knots
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 7 knots
- 1 package pre-made pizza dough
- 7 thin slices bacon
- ½ stick butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- Basil, finely chopped
- Parmesan, grated, to garnish
- Marinara sauce, to dip
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll the pre-made pizza dough and cut it into 7 even strips. Roll each dough piece with your hand until it resembles a rope roughly the same length as a bacon slice. Lay each dough rope on top of a bacon slice, fold, and tie it into a loose knot. Repeat.
- Lay the knots on a parchment paper-lined tray and sprinkle with basil. Place the tray in the oven and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and the bacon is slightly crisp.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Stir the minced garlic and oregano into a bowl of melted butter, and brush the mixture over each knot. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place the tray back in the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly. Serve warm with marinara sauce on the side.