Here's Why Wendy's Is The Only Fast-Food That Serves Baked Potatoes
Denver Omelet Deviled Eggs Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour
- 15 eggs
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Place 12 eggs in a single layer in a medium saucepan and fill with enough water to cover eggs by an inch. Bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and leave covered for 15 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water for 1 minute. Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, removing and transferring yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites aside.
- Mash yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and onion powder; mix well. Stir in bell peppers until combined. Transfer mixture to a large Ziploc bag and chill in the fridge while you fry the egg whites.
- Heat oil to 375℉ in a deep fryer or heavy pot fitted with an oil thermometer.
- Whisk 3 raw eggs in a shallow dish. Put flour in another dish and panko in a third dish. Dredge egg whites in flour, then beaten eggs, then panko. Carefully place crumb-coated egg whites into hot oil and cook for 1 minute, or until they are crisp and golden brown. Remove and drain on a rack or paper towel.
- Cook pancetta in a medium skillet until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Snip a corner off the Ziploc bag and pipe the yolk mixture onto the fried egg whites. Sprinkle pancetta on top.