Deep-fried guacamole is far from a new concept, but what I’ve always missed is the chip element. It’s like a sandwich without bread or a sundae without fudge. So although puffy flour batter is good, a crispy crushed tortilla coating, like the one in this recipe, is far preferable. Not only does it provide a super-satisfying crunch, it's also easy to prep. Try 'em below!
Fried Guacamole Bites
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 2 cups cold guacamole
- 1 (13-ounce) bag tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Kosher salt
- Heat oil to 375℉ in a deep fryer or heavy pot fitted with an oil thermometer.
- Working in batches, drop guacamole by the tablespoon into the crushed tortilla chips; roll around to coat. Dip each ball into the eggs, then dredge once more in the chips.
- Fry guacamole balls in the hot oil until golden brown and crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Sprinkle with salt.