More From Original Recipes
Fried mashed potatoes and gravy bombs recipe
Total Time: 35 minutes, plus freezing time
Yield: 32-36 bombs
- 1 cup gravy
- 4 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 quarts vegetable oil, for frying
- Pour gravy into an icecube tray and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Unmold gravy cubes and cut them into 4 smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Place flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls. Wrap 2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes around 1 gravy cube. Dredge in flour, shaking off the excess, dip into eggs, and coat in breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining mashed potatoes and gravy.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375°F. Fry potato balls, a few at a time, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Serve warm.