Fried Ritz Bits Recipe
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 5 cups
- 1 quart peanut oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9.5-ounce) box cheddar Ritz Bits
- Heat peanut oil in deep fryer or heavy-bottomed pot to 375℉.
- Combine milk, vinegar, and vegetable oil in a small bowl. Whisk together 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Place Ritz Bits in a large bowl and add remaining 1/2 cup flour. Shake until all crackers are coated.
- Working with one handful at a time, dip floured Ritz Bits into batter and let excess drip off. Carefully drop them into the hot oil and fry until golden, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Eat immediately!