A Frozen Valentine Cocktail, for All Your Cold-Hearted Woes
Calling all lonely hearts: We feel your pain. If you're like Skip (bae-less... get it?!) this Valentine's Day, don't be bitter. Instead, just make this frozen Valentine cocktail from DrinksMadeEasy. Vodka? Plenty. Campari? Only because you're allowed to be a little bitter (within reason). Citrus and sugar? Damn right. This yields two drinks, so either A) swipe right somewhere and make a new friend, or B) double up, because you deserve to have it all, anyway. Here's how to make it.
Yield: 2 cocktails
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1½ ounces raspberry simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup raspberries
- 1 ounce green tea
- Raspberries, to garnish
- To make the raspberry simple syrup, combine the water, sugar, and raspberries in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and stir. Remove from heat and let cool before straining through a fine mesh strainer, tamping down on the berries to extract as much juice as possible. Store the remaining liquid in a Mason jar or other sealable vessel and refrigerate.
- Brew the green tea and let it cool to room temperature.
- Combine the vodka, Campari, grapefruit cheese, lime juice, raspberry simple syrup, and green tea in a blender with 3 cups of ice. Blitz until smooth and divide evenly between two coupe glasses.
- Garnish with raspberries and serve immediately.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.