Stay Classy This Winter With a Spiced Pear Tom Collins
Grilled Fruit Kebabs with Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 1 and 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 red dragon fruit
- 2 kiwi fruit
- 2 apricots
- 1 pineapple
- 1 peach
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 2 tablespoons light oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup honey liqueur (or dark rum)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- mint for garnish
- To make the ice cream, whisk together the milk, powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla bean. Then pour the mixture into an ice cream maker until it reaches the right consistency.
- Peel and cube fruit in 1 to ½ inch cubes. Double skewer with water soaked skewers (to hinder sticks from burning). Double skewers will allow for easier turning on the grill.
- Brush with lemon juice to add brightness and preserve color until grill time.
- Brush oil lightly on fruit to minimize sticking, and grill over high heat until lightly charred.
- Flip and baste with rum, brown sugar, and orange juice mixture. Garnish with mint. Serve with ice cream.