Dreading the Holidays? You Need This Cranberry Sauce Margarita.
Loaded Steak and Potato Nachos
- 1 cup cheddar, grated
- ½ cup black beans
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- ¾ tablespoon salt (½ tablespoon for the baked potatoes, remainder to finish)
- 8 tablespoons olive oil (6 for the baked potatoes; 2 to drizzle)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red chili, sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice potatoes into moderately thick slices. In a large mixing bowl, add 6 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, and ½ tablespoon of salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay the potato slices out onto 2 baking trays and bake for 30 minutes, flipping each slice onto the alternate side halfway through. Place them on a kitchen towel, and let the oil seep out.
- Rub the sirloin steaks with taco seasoning and remaining salt (approximately 1 teaspoon). In a medium-sized pan lined with olive oil, flash-fry the steaks on high heat for 1½ minutes on each side. Let them rest for 5 minutes, and cut into thick slices.
- Layer the nachos in a baking dish, starting with half of the potato slices, followed by half the steak slices, black beans, and cheese. Repeat once again, layering the remaining half of your potatoes, sliced steak, black beans, and cheese. Bake for 5 minutes in the oven, or until the cheese has melted.
- Top with diced spring onions, avocado, and sliced chili. Spritz with lime juice, and serve.