How Popina Fuses Classic Southern & Italian Dishes
Garlic Knot Bread Bowl Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 10-cup "bowl"
- 2 tubes Pillsbury Grands! biscuits
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 10-12 cup bundt pan or tube pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each of the 16 biscuits into quarters, making 64 pieces.
- Pour olive oil into the bottom of the pan.
- Combine the butter, Parmesan, garlic, seasoning, garlic powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Dip each piece of dough into the butter mixture and place in the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn it out of the pan onto plate. Stuff a small dish or piece of aluminum foil into the bottom of the hole. Fill with pizza sauce.
- Pull pieces of garlic bread from the bowl and dip away.