It's Worth Getting Sloppy For This Grilled Cheese Taco
Blood Clot Shots
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 ounces hard apple cider
- 2 ounces cinnamon whiskey
- Mini marshmallows
- Butane torch, to finish
- Red food dye, to garnish (optional)
- Make Strawberry Syrup: In a blender or food processor, blitz the strawberries into a purée (feel free to add some water, if needed). Strain the purée through a fine mesh strainer to extract any seeds, and then pour it into a medium-sized saucepan. Add the sugar, stir, and simmer on low heat for approximately 10 minutes or until thick. Set aside to let cool.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine 1 ounce chilled strawberry syrup and cinnamon whiskey. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into the shot glasses, and follow with a float of hard cider to the rim.
- Add the mini marshmallows to each shot glass and sear them using a chef's butane torch. Be careful not to set the liquor aflame.
- Optional: To further the bloody aesthetic, decorate or garnish your serving tray with droplets of red food dye.