- ½ ounce absinthe
- 2 ounces mezcal
- 1 ounce allspice dram (⅛ cup freshly ground allspice berries, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 cup light or dark rum, ½ cup agave nectar)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Rosemary sprig, to garnish
- To Make the Allspice Dram: In a sealable glass jar (a Mason jar is ideal), combine the allspice and rum. Seal, shake well, let it sit for 1 day. Break up a cinnamon stick, add it to the jar, and let it sit for an additional 2 days. Strain the mixture with a fine mesh strainer, and then again with a coffee filter to separate any smaller particles. Meanwhile, bring water and agave nectar to a boil in a small saucepan, and heat for 5 minutes. Let it cool, and add it to the infused rum. Pour the final mixture into a Mason jar and let it rest for 2 days.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour 2 ounces of mezcal, 1 ounce of the allspice dram, and 2 dashes of Angostura bitters. Shake well.
- Pour ½ ounce of absinthe into a cocktail glass and swirl it around to coat the surface. Strain the shaker into the glass over ice.
- Using a lighter or culinary torch, ignite a rosemary sprig until gently smoking. Place it over the glass to garnish, and serve immediately.