A Supersized Chili-Cheese Hot Dog, Because Those Who Dream Big Should Eat Big
What's better than a chili-cheese hot dog, you ask? How about a supersized chili-cheese dog served in an entire damn French baguette? Behold the following recipe by 0815BBQ: an amped-up interpretation of a timeless American dog, bigger and undeniably better with homemade chili and tons of Swiss cheese. It's as gloriously caloric as it is easy to make. Check out the video to see how it's done.
XXL Chili-Cheese Dog
- 1 long French baguette roll
- 3 wiener sausages
- 3 bacon strips
- Dash of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 17 ounces ground beef
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Slice and remove the center of the baguette.
- Wrap each sausage in a strip of bacon and grill for a few minutes. Place dogs in the bread boat.
- Add the onions and garlic to a cast-iron pan. When brown, add the tomato paste, vinegar, and beef. Stir until brown. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spoon chili into the bread and top with cheese. Pour on and around sausages, and top with cheese.
- Grill baguette at 360°F for 15 minutes.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.