Grill Your Chicken in a Muffin Pan, Because You're Awesome
It's universally acknowledged that barbecued chicken is a staple of any cookout. Not that we're trying to reinvent the wheel or anything, but we're always looking to take our grill game to the next level -- which is why we're pretty obsessed with 0815BBQ's recipe for muffin pan barbecued chicken. It might sound a bit odd, but hear us out: grilling the chicken legs in a muffin tin lets them cook in their own fat, resulting in richer flavor and moist, juicy texture.
Muffin Pan Barbecued Chicken
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 6 chicken legs
- 7 teaspoons of barbecue rub
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 6 teaspoons butter
- Carefully cut open the chicken legs, removing the bones inside.
- Apply the barbecue rub to the chicken, until each piece is evenly and thoroughly coated.
- Tuck each piece of chicken into a muffin pan and top each one with a square of butter.
- Grill, covered, at 400°F for approximately 30 minutes.
- Use tongs to extricate the chicken from the pan, and set back on the grill. Using a culinary brush, glaze each piece of chicken with the barbecue sauce. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.