Grilled Cheese Bread Bowl Recipe
- 1 crusty sourdough bread boule
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup tomato soup
- Preheat a griddle to 350℉ or heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Using a serrated knife, slice top off boule; discard or eat. Slice boule horizontally into 1-inch rounds. Brush melted butter on each slice and place butter-side down on griddle. For the bottom slice, make sure this is the cut side. Brush butter on the tops of the slices while the bottoms brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip slices and top each one, except the smallest (top) piece, with cheese. Once cheese melts, layer slices back in order on top of each other. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes on the griddle to meld together.
- Transfer the reconstructed boule to a plate and cut along the inside edge, all the way to the bottom, but not through it. Use a large spoon to scoop out the inside in one piece. Fill the cavity with soup and serve with the mini grilled cheese.