This Nacho Mountain Destroys All Other Nachos
Grilled Cheese-Tomato Soup Dumplings Recipe
Total Time: 8 hours, including freezer time
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 16 slices Kraft Singles American cheese
- 32 slices (about 1½ loaves) white sandwich bread, edges cut off
- 2 cups milk
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- Fill molds of an ice cube tray with soup (do not add water or milk). You should have enough soup to fill 8 molds. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut each cube into 4 pieces. Wrap each piece in half a slice of cheese. Wrap a slice of bread around the cheese and drizzle 1 tablespoon of milk on the bread to get it moist enough to bind into a ball. Make sure there are no open seams.
- Heat oil to 325℉ in a deep fryer or a deep, heavy-bottomed pot fitted with an oil thermometer.
- Fry dumplings in batches until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Eat with caution, not only because they're hot, but because someone's going to fight you for that last one.