This Mojito Hot Toddy Is the Destroyer of Colds
Grilled Lobster Mac 'n' Cheese
- 1 3lb lobster
- 12 Tbsp butter
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half & half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound elbow pasta noodles
- Sauté a tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley and 2 fresh, minced garlic cloves in 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Dispatch and split a lobster in half. Crack the claws, and grill meat side down for 4 minutes. Turn over onto shell side, pour the butter with parsley and garlic all over the meat and let the lobster grill for an additional 4 minutes. The lobster should not be completely cooked, but the meat should release from the shell. Remove lobster meat from shells and claws, and chop up. Set aside for now.
- In a pot, melt 6 tablespoons of butter, and sauté onion and 3 cloves of fresh garlic for a few minutes. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute while continuing to stir. Pour in 3 cups of half & half. Simmer for around 5 minutes, or until it begins to thicken. Optional: Add in 1/4 cup white wine for more richness.
- Whisk in all of the cheeses, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper and cayenne pepper. Once cheese has melted and is smooth, add grilled lobster meat and stir in well.
- In another pot you will cook the pasta until just al dente. It will finish cooking in the mixture on the grill or in the oven. Drain pasta, and now stir it into the cheese sauce.
- Pour well-mixed cheese sauce with pasta into a metal baking dish (spray with non-stick spray if it’s not a non-stick dish). Smooth mixture out with a spatula.
- Melt remaining 2 ounces of butter into a pan. Add 1 cup of panko bread crumbs and 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh, minced parsley. Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper on top. Cook for 2 minutes on low. Use this as a topping over the mac 'n' cheese mixture in your baking dish. Optional: Sprinkle some more parmesan cheese on top of the bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a 350ºF oven or in a grill on indirect heat. Cook for around 30 minutes, or until mixture is bubbling and the topping starts to brown. Enjoy!