Get to Grilling These Spicy Habanero Armadillo Eggs
0815BBQ is stuffing cheddar cheese into habanero peppers, covering them with beef, wrapping them in bacon, and sprinkling on some BBQ rub to make these spicy habanero armadillo eggs. Finish 'em off with a quick BBQ sauce glaze and grill them for a spicy, cheese-oozing "egg".
Habanero Armadillo Eggs
- 4 habanero peppers
- 4 dices of cheddar (depending on the size of your habaneros)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 tsp of BBQ rub
- 20 oz ground beef
- 6-8 tsp BBQ sauce
- Cut the tops off of the habaneros and clean the pepper from seeds.
- Place dices of cheddar cheese into the pepper.
- Cover with beef and form small eggs. Then wrap in bacon.
- Sprinkle over some BBQ rub and grill for 20 minutes at 400 ° F.
- Glaze with BBQ sauce and grill for another 10 minutes at 400 ° F.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.