Cast a Spell with This Black Magic Cocktail
Want to sip like a Sanderson sister this Halloween? In lieu of voodoo, cast a spell with this black magic cocktail from our friends at DrinksMadeEasy. Made with bright citrus and classic vodka, this colorful concoction is as refreshing as a spooky Screwdriver -- not to mention insanely simple to prepare, which makes it the perfect drink for theme parties of all kinds.
Black Magic Cocktail
- ¼ cup ice
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 2 drops black food dye
- ½ ounce Triple sec
- Orange slices, to garnish
- Pour the orange juice and Triple sec into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Cover, shake well, and strain into a glass filled halfway with ice.
- In a pint glass, add a drop of black food dye to the vodka. Stir well.
- Using the back of a spoon, slowly pour the black vodka into the cocktail glass so that it rests atop the orange juice and Triple sec.
- Using a cotton swab, carefully paint the orange slices with black food dye, decorating as desired. Garnish and serve.
Thrillist Video brings you the best local food stories and trends, from barbecue tips to odd jobs around the world.