Raise a Glass to Halloween With This Skeleton Key Cocktail
Like a true skeleton key, this recipe unlocks a variety of bold flavors: zesty ginger beer, timeless bourbon, bitters, and candy bones for sugary balance, combined with a bit of St. Germain for florality and lemon juice for pucker. Another creative concoction by our friends at DrinksMadeEasy, this cocktail is as refreshing as it is seasonally appropriate, making it the perfect, crowd-pleasing beverage for any Halloween get together.
- 1¼ ounces bourbon
- ¾ ounce St. Germain
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- Ginger beer ice cubes
- Ginger beer, to float
- 8 dashes Angostura bitters
- Candy skeleton bone, to garnish
- Make Ginger Beer Ice Cubes: Pour your favorite non-alcoholic or alcoholic ginger beer into an ice cube tray, and freeze overnight.
- Pour the lemon juice, bourbon, and St. Germain into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Cover and shake well.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass with ginger beer ice cubes, and top with a float of ginger beer to the rim of the glass. Add the dashes of Angostura bitters, garnish with a candy skeleton bone, and serve.