This apple pie hard cider milkshake is the most American dessert ever
The only thing more American than apple pie and milkshakes is booze made WITH apple pie and milkshakes. And also the Electoral College. And though I sadly didn't have room in this recipe for electors chosen by popular vote on a state-by-state basis, I did manage to pack in hard cider, a pint of vanilla ice cream, and two slices of delicious apple pie. Now it's your duty as an American to drink it.
Hard Apple Cider Milkshake Recipe
Total Time: 8 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 6 ounces (1/2 bottle) hard apple cider
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 slices apple pie
- Let ice cream sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften up to the consistency of soft-serve. Put your serving glasses in the freezer to chill.
- Add ice cream, cider, and cinnamon to a blender; mix until creamy and smooth. Add apple pie and pulse once or twice to combine, but chunks should still be visible.
- Pour into glasses. Serve with straws and spoons.