Have Your Candy and Drink It Too With This Chocolate Malted Martini
Whether you're in it for the malted milk balls -- a staple of any childhood moviegoing experience -- or simply because the thought of drinking vodka and Ovaltine at the same time makes you giddy, chances are you should stop what you're doing and try this chocolate malted martini. Another creative concoction from our friends at DrinksMadeEasy, this beauty tastes like the perfect cup of hot cocoa that your mom used to make back in the day... except it's served cold and made with vodka, which makes it even better.
Chocolate Malted Martini
- 1½ ounces vodka
- ½ ounce chocolate syrup
- ½ ounce chocolate malt powder (i.e., Ovaltine)
- ½ ounce half & half
- Simple syrup, for rim
- Whopper Malted Milk Balls, crushed, to garnish
- Place the malted milk balls in a food processor or blender, and blitz until they become a fine powder.
- Dip the rim of a cocktail glass in some simple syrup, and then roll the rim in a tray on a plate of the milk ball powder to coat it evenly. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the vodka, chocolate syrup, and chocolate malt powder, and half and half. Shake vigorously, and strain, straight up, into the milk ball-rimmed glass.