Where to Get the Best Waffle Fries You'll Ever Eat
Stuffed French Onion Soup Sliders
- 2 jumbo sweet onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Brick fontina cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons (½ packet) onion soup & dip mix
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 small slider rolls
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and toss them in the butter until thoroughly coated. Cook for approximately 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown. Reduce the heat if necessary so the onions don't burn.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the brick of fontina into about 6 cubes. In a large bowl, combine ground beef with onion soup mix and water, and then form the mixture into 3 balls. Use your thumb to indent each ball and stuff a cube of cheese into each one. Fold to seal tightly, and gently flatten into a patty. Repeat until all the cheese and meat has been used up.
- Warm a skillet over medium-high heat and sear the sliders until the tops and bottoms are lightly browned, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the skillet from the stovetop and place it in the oven to bake for approximately 10-15 more minutes. In the meantime, toast the buns.
- Top each patty with a heaping spoonful of onions and build between two buns. Serve.