Win on New Year's Eve With This Raspberry Basil Champagne Cocktail
- ½ cup pumpkin butter (see below for ingredients)
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¾ cup apricot nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Star anise, to garnish
- 2 15-ounce cans pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar, muscovado sugar, or organic brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup pure unsweetened apple juice
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
Directions:Make the pumpkin butter:
- Add all the pumpkin butter ingredients to a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and bring to a lively simmer. If there isn't much going on at the surface, increase the heat to medium-low; if bubbling too vigorously, reduce the heat to low.
- Cook, uncovered, for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The goal is to have the butter cook for at least 20 minutes, but leaving it on the stove for an additional 5 to 10 minutes will only deepen the flavors and thicken the texture. Cook as desired, and allow to cool completely.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the pumpkin butter, apple juice, apricot nectar, vanilla extract, ginger, and bourbon. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into an ice-filled cocktail glass. Garnish with star anise, and serve.