We're Obsessed With These Cheesecake-Stuffed Apples
Here's the deal: this recipe by Twisted still counts as healthy because it involves apples and raspberry coulis, and you can't convince us otherwise. Maybe we're in denial, but we don't mind one bit because these cheesecake-stuffed apples are just that good. Creamy, sweet, and oh so seasonal, these flavor-obsessed treats are the ideal dessert for any festive holiday meal.
- 6 apples
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2⅔ ounces sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar icing
- 1 cup raspberries
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Chopped pecans, to garnish
- Caramel sauce, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 320°F.
- Cut off the tops of the apples and hollow each one out. Spritz each one with fresh lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Mix well, add the egg and vanilla extract, and stir thoroughly until smooth. Spoon the mixture into each apple.
- Set the stuffed apples on a baking tray, and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. Once the cheesecake has set, place it in the fridge and let it cool.
- Make Raspberry Coulis: In a food processor, combine the raspberries and powdered sugar. Blend until thoroughly puréed.
- Once the stuffed apples have cooled, top them with chopped pecans. Drizzle with raspberry coulis, caramel sauce, and your choice of biscuit/cookie crumbles, and serve.