Homemade Apple Cider Mimosas are the Key to Fall Brunch
DrinksMadeEasy is serving up one of their easiest, tastiest cocktails yet with this apple cider mimosa that features a super simple homemade apple cider that'll leave your house smelling like you lit all the Yankee Candles. Plus, you can always just use store bought cider if you're feeling a little on the lazy side.
Apple Cider Mimosa
Yield: 2 cocktails
- 1 bottle champagne
- 4 oz apple cider:
- 10 apples sliced to fit in a pot
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbs allspice
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- To make apple cider, place apples in a large stockpot and add enough water cover by at least 2 inches. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, and allspice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 1 hour. Cover pot, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Strain apple mixture . Refrigerate until cold.
- Next, on a small plate, dip champagne flutes into simple syrup to wet the rims, then dip in cinnamon.
- Fill champagne flutes with 2 oz cider and top off with champagne.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.