Here's How to Master the Summer BBQ on a Budget
Pepperoni Pizza Hot Pockets Recipe
Total Time: 50 minutes
- I box frozen Pepperidge Farm puff pastry, thawed
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (3 ounces) grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¾ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Unwrap one sheet of puff pastry on a clean work surface. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the pastry lengthwise into 3 equal strips (follow the seams as a guide). Cut each strip in half crosswise for a total of 6 equal-sized rectangles. Transfer the rectangles to a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with the other pastry sheet.
- Combine pepperoni, cheese, pizza sauce, and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Mound 3 tablespoons of the pizza mixture onto 6 rectangles, leaving a ½-inch space along the edges. Brush the edges with beaten egg and top with the rest of the rectangles. Gently press the edges of each pocket to adhere.
- Cut small diagonal slits at 1-inch intervals along top of pastries. Brush top and sides of pastry with beaten egg. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and garlic powder on top. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Bake pastries until puffed and light brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- To freeze the pockets, allow them to cool completely. Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet, then transfer to an airtight bag and return to the freezer. To reheat, cover in aluminum foil and warm in a 350°F oven, or cook in the microwave for 3 minutes.