S'mores Marshmallow Bites
Total Time: 8 hours, 30 minutes (30 minutes active)
Yield: 20 large marshmallow bites
- 3 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- 4 ounces chocolate candy melts or almond bark
- ½ cup finely crushed graham crackers
- Add gelatin and ½ cup water to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and let dissolve.
- While gelatin is dissolving, combine sugar, corn syrup, salt, and remaining ½ cup water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn heat up to high and cook until syrup reaches 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer, then remove from heat.
- With stand mixer on low speed, slowly pour the syrup into the dissolved gelatin.
- Turn speed up to high and whip until thick, 5-7 minutes.
- Turn speed down to low, add vanilla extract, and mix just until fully incorporated.
- Use a sieve to thoroughly coat the bottom of an 8” x 12” ceramic baking dish with powdered sugar.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the pan, smooth until even, and dust liberally with more powdered sugar.
- Let sit for 8 hours or overnight until dried out and no longer sticky.
- Run a knife along the edges of the dish to loosen any sticky areas.
- Turn marshmallows out onto a cutting board and cut into squares.
- Dust with more powdered sugar.
- *Optional step: If you have a brulee torch at your disposal, lightly torch marshmallows until golden.
- Melt chocolate candy melts in a small microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until fully melted, stirring well in between each increment.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip a marshmallow into the melted chocolate, let excess drip off, and then coat in graham cracker crumbs and place on prepared baking sheet so that coating can harden; repeat with remaining marshmallows.