If you think watermelon has no business being on the grill, Smoky Ribs BBQ is about to change your life. Slice up the monstrous melon and brush on a honey cayenne glaze before you put it on the grill. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup for a fruity grilled sundae.
Honey-Glazed Grilled Watermelon
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- Cut a round slice out of the watermelon, and then cut into pie shapes. In a glass container add in 1/4 cup of honey, 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Heat in microwave for 15 seconds to heat honey and thin out. Brush top side of watermelon slices.
- Set up grill for direct heat using charcoal. Place the watermelon slices on the grill grate honey side down toward the fire, and now apply a coat of seasoned honey on the other side of the melon slices.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side to barely char the watermelon slices. The honey helps create the nice char marks. Remove from grill and chill down in freezer for 10minutes.
- Plate the watermelon slices and top with vanilla ice cream, and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Enjoy!
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.