The Worst Winter States
Hot & Cold
- 6 large mint sprigs, leaves on
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 ounces gin
- ½ ounce lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 4 cups water
- Equal parts granulated sugar
- Lemon wheel, to garnish
- Mint sprig, to garnish
- To make the cranberry simple syrup, combine the cranberries and water in a large pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the berries pop. Remove from heat and let cool before straining out the solids. Place the liquid in a Mason jar or other sealable vessel, and add equal parts granulated sugar. Shake to agitate and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 6 mint sprigs and 1 cup water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cover. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a heatproof mug, combine the gin, cranberry syrup, and lemon juice. Strain the mint tea into the mug, and discard the leaves.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and lemon wheel, and serve.