Have a Cold? Here's How to Fight It With Gin.
What's guaranteed to soothe your troubled immune system and/or mental state? Mint, citrus, and oh yeah -- gin. The Hot & Cold from DrinksMadeEasy is designed to improve both your health and your mood. You probably feel better already just thinking about it, but watch the video above to learn how it's done.
Hot & Cold
- 6 large mint sprigs, leaves on
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 ounces gin
- ½ ounce lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1 ounce homemade cranberry syrup
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 4 cups water
- Equal parts granulated sugar
- Lemon wheel, to garnish
- Mint sprig, to garnish
- To make the cranberry simple syrup, combine the cranberries and water in a large pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the berries pop. Remove from heat and let cool before straining out the solids. Place the liquid in a Mason jar or other sealable vessel, and add equal parts granulated sugar. Shake to agitate and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 6 mint sprigs and 1 cup water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cover. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a heatproof mug, combine the gin, cranberry syrup, and lemon juice. Strain the mint tea into the mug, and discard the leaves.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and lemon wheel, and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.