Buffalo Chicken Beer Cheese Fondue Fries Are Like an Edible Sports Bar
Hot Buttered Rum Cider
- 1 1/2 ounce aged Haitian rum
- 1 tablespoon spiced compound butter:
- salted butter
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- 6 ounces mulled apple cider:
- unfiltered apple juice
- cinnamon stick
- star anise
- Add rum, mulled cider and compound butter into a sauce pan and heat until the butter has dissolved and the liquid is steaming.
- Pour into a heat proof mug.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick, star anise and a disc of orange peel studded with a clove.
- To make mulled apple cider, add a high-quality, unfiltered apple juice to a pot with the skin of an orange studded with the clove, cinnamon stick, and star anise. Let simmer for 30 minutes. Funnel into a clean glass bottle and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make spiced compound butter, soften and cream 8 ounces of unsalted butter with a paddle attachment in a mixing bowl. Slowly add 2 ounces of brown sugar, 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and allspice, a pinch of ground ginger, cloves, and kosher salt. Scrape the sides to ensure that all of the spices are blended. Roll the butter into a log and wrap it in wax paper. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.