Drink This Winter Bourbon Smash and Conquer Cold Weather Forever
Hot Tamales Popcorn Recipe
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10 cups
- 1 (3-ounce) package “movie theater” popcorn
- 1 (5-ounce) box Hot Tamales
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon extract (optional)
- Candy thermometer
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook popcorn according to package instructions and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt Hot Tamales, sugar, corn syrup, and water. Bring to a rapid boil, stirring constantly, until the candies dissolve and mixture reaches 300℉ on a candy thermometer, 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon extract for extra spice.
- Pour the mixture over popcorn in a thin stream while mixing with a spatula to coat. Quickly spread popcorn onto the baking sheet and let cool for 5 minutes before breaking into bite-size pieces.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.