Potato Skin-Breaded Queso Balls Will Make All Other Apps Obsolete
Bacon Weave How-To
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10-12 inch weave
- 1 pound bacon
- Lay 6-8 strips of bacon vertically across a rimmed baking sheet or aluminum foil, flush up against each other. Fatty sides should all face one direction and meaty sides should all face the other direction. The width should match the length of the strips.
- Fold every other strip in half onto itself. Lay one strip of bacon perpendicular to those strips, flush up against the back of the folds. Unfold those flipped strips back over the perpendicular strip of bacon.
- Now fold every other strip in the alternating columns. Lay one strip of bacon perpendicular to those strips, flush up against the back of the folds. Unfold those strips back down over the perpendicular strip of bacon.
- Repeat again with the first set of strips. Do the same thing on the upper half of the weave. There should be the same number of strips going down as there are going across.
- Cooking time and temp will vary depending on what you're making the weave with. Baking it as is will take 15-20 minutes in a 425℉ oven.