Tequila Drinkers, You Need This Bloody Morguerita on Halloween
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila... and we'd be seeing malevolent spirits in the bathroom mirror, too. Better bypass the shots and pace yourself with this Bloody Morguerita, which thankfully owes its redness to raspberries, because otherwise that shopping list would be creepy even by Halloween standards.
- 1 ounce raspberry purée (6 ounces fresh raspberries, ¼ cup water)
- 2 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces peach juice
- ½ ounce lime juice
- Lime wedge, to garnish
- Black salt, to rim (coarse salt, black food dye)
- In a blender or food processor, blitz the raspberries until smooth, adding water if need be. Strain the purée through a fine-mesh strainer to extract any seeds. Set aside
- Using a fork, combine the salt and black food dye until colored as desired. Run a lime wedge around the rim of the cocktail glass, and dip the rim in the salt.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the raspberry purée, tequila, peach juice, and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into the salt-rimmed cocktail glass over ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.