Can the NYC Steakhouse Survive?
- 1 ounce raspberry purée (6 ounces fresh raspberries, ¼ cup water)
- 2 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces peach juice
- ½ ounce lime juice
- Lime wedge, to garnish
- Black salt, to rim (coarse salt, black food dye)
- In a blender or food processor, blitz the raspberries until smooth, adding water if need be. Strain the purée through a fine-mesh strainer to extract any seeds. Set aside
- Using a fork, combine the salt and black food dye until colored as desired. Run a lime wedge around the rim of the cocktail glass, and dip the rim in the salt.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the raspberry purée, tequila, peach juice, and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into the salt-rimmed cocktail glass over ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.