Ah, liquor: the saving grace of any family get together, helping you tolerate everything from your grandmother's casual racism to your mother's thoughts on your romantic prospects. If you need some liquid courage to stomach the holidays this year, try this cranberry sauce margarita by DrinksMadeEasy. Give thanks for tequila (because tequila is always a good idea), and watch the video above to see how it's done.
Cranberry Sauce Margarita
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ice
- 2oz tequila
- 1 lime
- 1½ tablespoons chunky cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Cranberries, fresh or frozen
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup orange juice (no sugar added, or freshly squeezed)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon (a pinch) kosher salt
- 1 (12oz bag) cranberries
- Make the Cranberry Sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, orange juice, ½ cup of water, cinnamon, salt, and cranberries. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Dip a margarita glass in simple syrup, and then roll it in a tray of brown sugar to coat the rim.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the tequila, 1 juiced lime, chunky cranberry sauce, and honey. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into the rimmed margarita glass over ice. Garnish with a few fresh cranberries and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.