Cranberry Sauce Margarita
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ice
- 2oz tequila
- 1 lime
- 1½ tablespoons chunky cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Cranberries, fresh or frozen
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup orange juice (no sugar added, or freshly squeezed)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon (a pinch) kosher salt
- 1 (12oz bag) cranberries
- Make the Cranberry Sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, orange juice, ½ cup of water, cinnamon, salt, and cranberries. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Dip a margarita glass in simple syrup, and then roll it in a tray of brown sugar to coat the rim.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the tequila, 1 juiced lime, chunky cranberry sauce, and honey. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into the rimmed margarita glass over ice. Garnish with a few fresh cranberries and serve.