This Paranormal Activity Cocktail Is Boozy Enough to Make You Fear Nothing
If you went against our suggestion and watched a scary movie by yourself, odds are you'll need a nightcap to take the edge off before you try to sleep. In lieu of a panic attack, make for the liquor cabinet and give this recipe by Drinks Made Easy a stab. While the milky-white color and smoke-like whispers of black sambuca might mirror the aesthetic of a malevolent spirit, this Paranormal Activity cocktail is made with the good kind of spirits. No need to install cameras throughout your home -- we already documented the whole process in the video above.
- 1 ounce lucid absinthe
- 1 ounce white crème de cacao liqueur
- 1 ounce homemade coconut milk (see ingredients below)
- Drizzle of black sambuca
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 cups hot water
- Cheesecloth, for straining
- Make coconut milk: In a blender or food processor, combine equal parts hot water (whether heated in a kettle or boiled in a pot) and shredded unsweetened coconut. Blitz for 5 minutes, and strain through cheesecloth into a bowl. Squeeze the cloth to get the remaining milk out, and transfer the milk to a storage container. Place in a refrigerator to chill.
- Pour the absinthe into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Let it sit for approximately 45 to 60 seconds to let it "lush" before adding the coconut milk and crème de cacao. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass over ice. Finish with a drizzle of black sambuca, and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.