- 1 ounce lucid absinthe
- 1 ounce white crème de cacao liqueur
- 1 ounce homemade coconut milk (see ingredients below)
- Drizzle of black sambuca
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 cups hot water
- Cheesecloth, for straining
- Make coconut milk: In a blender or food processor, combine equal parts hot water (whether heated in a kettle or boiled in a pot) and shredded unsweetened coconut. Blitz for 5 minutes, and strain through cheesecloth into a bowl. Squeeze the cloth to get the remaining milk out, and transfer the milk to a storage container. Place in a refrigerator to chill.
- Pour the absinthe into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Let it sit for approximately 45 to 60 seconds to let it "lush" before adding the coconut milk and crème de cacao. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass over ice. Finish with a drizzle of black sambuca, and serve.