It's Worth Getting Sloppy For This Grilled Cheese Taco
Erupting Potato Volcanoes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 9 small yellow potatoes
- 9 strips of smoked bacon
- Vegetable oil
- Barbecue sauce
- 5 Cheddar cheese sticks, cut in half
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Parboil your potatoes in a pot of salted water for 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice off the bottom end of each potato so they can stand up on the baking tray. Using a paring knife, cut the top off each potato and scoop out a tiny bit of flesh to create a hole.
- Wrap each potato with a strip of bacon, and use toothpicks to hold the strips in place. Brush each potato with the vegetable oil and then place the tray in the oven to bake for 30 minutes, until the bacon is fully cooked and crispy.
- Pull the tray out of the oven and then carefully take out the toothpicks. Brush the outside of each potato with barbecue sauce and then put the potatoes back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and place half of a cheese stick in the hole at the top of each potato. Place them in the oven and then bake until the cheese is melted and the potato "volcanoes" are erupting (about 5 minutes). Pull out of the oven and eat.