This Bubble Tea Is Set on Fire
- 1½ ounces rich white rum
- 1 splash sweet vermouth
- 1 ounce Blue Curaçao
- ½ bar spoon homemade grenadine
- 1 thinly cut orange peel
- Maraschino cherry, to garnish (optional)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, no sugar added
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 drops orange-flower water
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the pomegranate juice for approximately 5 minutes (or until steam begins to rise from the surface and a few bubbles appear around the perimeter of the pan). Make sure it doesn't boil, and remove it from heat.
- Add the sugar and stir for approximately 5 minutes or until all the sugar has dissolved. The liquid should no longer be cloudy.
- Add the lemon juice and orange-flower water. Stir well, and let the syrup cool for approximately 40 minutes or until it reaches room temperature. Transfer to a Mason jar or sealable container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
- Dip the rim of the cocktail glass into simple syrup and roll it on a plate of sugar to coat. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the sweet vermouth, rum, and Blue Curaçao. Cover and shake vigorously.
- First, pour the grenadine into the bottom of the sugar-rimmed glass, and stack 1 medium-sized ice cube on top. Next, train the contents of the cocktail shaker to create the layering effect between the red and blue.
- Twist a thin orange peel over the top to release the fruit's oil, and drop it into the drink or discard it entirely. If desired, garnish with a cherry or American flag, and serve.